Tuesday, October 22, 2013

My Confession

Have you ever wondered how you can tell or encourage someone about something that you really don't or won't or can't believe for yourself?

Well, as a parent I have done it OFTEN!!

I have always told my daughters they could do anything and everything they've ever wanted to do and they could be anything and everything they've ever wanted to be.  

Today, it occurred to me that I have NOT always believed this for myself.  Now, here's the irony of it all.  I realized this just today, as I was telling myself, "Yvette, you can be anything and everything you want to be and you can do anything and everything you want to do!"  That's when it hit me; I have never believed this for myself.  I think it's because I never aspired to do anything GREAT; at least not by the world's standards.  I never aspired to be the President of the United States, I never aspired to be the first woman to _______, I never aspired to be the first black woman to ______; I've just been ok with just being ME.  On another note, I've always BELIEVED that being ME was a GREAT person to BE.

You see, until about a year ago, I lived my life for my children; well, they are grown women now.  My entire life was about them. I raised them to be independent and self-sufficient; the same way my father raised ME.  My goal was to get them through life with minimal stress and/or strife (as much as I had control over it), and provide them with a firm (sound) foundation in education, family values, and a Christian Lifestyle (once I understood the purpose and value in being a Christian myself).  Well, to the best of my ability and with the guidance of The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit, I've done just that.

The question now is, "Where do I go from here?"   This brings me back to my original thought, "Yvette, you can be anything and everything you want to be and you can do anything and everything you want to do!"  

So, maybe this is more than My Confession; it's my ENCOURAGEMENT to YOU!!  

You can be ANYTHING and EVERYTHING you've ever wanted to BE and You can do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING you've ever wanted to do!!

I hope I have encouraged you today!



Yvette





No comments:

Post a Comment