Tuesday, August 12, 2014

My Thought and Prayers



Hello,

I am taking advantage of this forum not only to remember Robin Williams, but to also remember the countless others who have gone on before him and unfortunately those who will go on after him.

Considering the field of study I am embarking upon (Human Services), my heart is just heavy right now for those who suffer with depression and/or addiction.  I use "and/or" because we know they often go hand and hand, but I do not want to assume or presume this is the case 100% of the time.  Whatever the case specifics maybe is really irrelevant.  What I do know is that people are out there in the world suffering and hurting in silence; and we have seen from the recent turn of events status, fame, or fortune do not matter.


So, what can we do as a people to make the world a better place?  How do we help people to heal from the things that cause them dis-ease?  How can we positively impact someone's life and encourage them to believe not only in tomorrow, BUT today?  I want people to know and believe that things will be better because their RIGHT NOW is better NOW!


For me God is my source, but life still hurts and gets me down; I choose to trust in God and I know that my BETTER is around the corner.

I pray that we all find comfort in drawing nigh unto Him.

Yvette

No comments:

Post a Comment