Thursday, October 17, 2013

Where Do I Begin??

Where do I begin with this post?  I do not know where to start and not really sure what I want to say.  I just felt compelled to write – to say something because so many GREAT things are happening in my life.  I want to scream it from the mountaintops.

When I signed up for this virtual book tour, I really had no idea of what to expect.  I know this may not sound right, but I really didn’t have any expectations at all.  I knew that my book would get into the hands of people I didn’t know and who I definitely would not have otherwise come into contact with; but what I did not expect was the wealth of responses that I have received from/for the book.  The book reviews have been off the chart!!!  I mean, people didn’t just sit down and write:
  • “This is a good book. “
  • “The subject matter of this book is on time.”
  • “This book is a must read.”
People really took their time to read and digest what I had written.  Even in their reviews they pulled out parts of the book they truly connected with and/or resonated with their Spirit.  I can tell you, this is an AWESOME feeling and has been a wonderful EXPERIENCE.

I have met so many survivors of Child Sexual Abuse since this tour began that it is really mind-boggling.  Even though I have researched the statistics, I know the prevalence rates…I still cannot believe how often Child Sexual Abuse (CSA) occurs.

Statistics:
It is generally believed that an estimated one in four girls will be sexually abused by her 18th birthday. Boys are abused at the rate of about one in six. Usually, the abuse begins gradually and then increases over time. It is rarely a one-time incident. Often, it continues for years, until the abuser is found out or the child grows up and moves away. (Retrieved from: http://www.heroproject.org/en/how-often-does-child-sexual-abuse-happen)

As a community, society, nation, country, citizen, an individual we MUST do our part to STOP CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE!!

I pray you will join me, I pray you will join others in this MOVEMENT.
Yvette

No comments:

Post a Comment